Friday, November 1, 2013

Hint: Not the Alfredo Kind

Breaking my long silence to let you all know that I am six months pasta sauce over here.

It's a girl! Due in February! The daily shots are just as horrifying as anticipated!

Feel free to suggest names for this little bug, but know that I will not be taking any of your advice. I'm growing this little person, I get to name her. That's how this works people!

Also, just so we're clear, a woman's height has nothing to do with the size or shape of her uterus. Even if it did, all of my extra height is in my legs anyway. All this to say that since I am not growing this fetus in my femur, I have every bit as much right to have a pregnant belly as any other woman who is growing another human being inside of her body. I mean, honestly, all of this "But you're so tall, you probably won't show at all" is complete crap. We all know this right? As a female I already have massive unrealistic expectations placed upon my appearance as it is, I do not need the added pressure of not getting a pregnant belly while pregnant. So basically, if you were thinking that or, heaven forbid, one of the people who said that to me? There's a word for that. It starts with a "Bull" and it ends win an "it".

Ok, now that I've let that out (don't we all feel so much better now), let's get back to celebrating the fact that roughly three and half months from now a small human will rip her way out of my body in a bloody, terrifying episode we like to call "the miracle of birth."

Huzzah!




No comments: